Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Seriously

I scoured the Internet for a cookie recipe that I had all of the ingredients for. I am sick and tired of keeping Bob's Red Mill in business all by myself. I found a recipe that looked good and claimed to be the best gfree cookies ever. And I tried it, and they were. Hallelujah! These cookies held their form and were the most like gluten filled cookies I've ever tried. I am ecstatic!

Here's the link as well as the cut and pasted recipe:

The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Created by Carrie @ http://www.gingerlemongirl.com/(Free of gluten, casein, and soy)

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup Spectrum Palm Shortening
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour -or- millet flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (optional)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Add In's:6 oz. gluten free or allergen free chocolate chips

1 comment:

  1. They were delish, my friend. I would stick with the sorghum flour because I believe I tried millet flour once and it was yuck-o.

    ReplyDelete