Sunday, November 9, 2008

I is a Writer

I belong to a homebirth group. We meet regularly (although I haven't been for a while), and we have a yahoo group to chat about our problems and support one another. A while back a member of our group, who also runs Supported Birth of Arizona, was looking for birth stories, photography, and art work for a book she was compiling. I put together my birth stories, photos, poetry and scrapbook pages and shipped them to her with my signed release thinking, maybe, just maybe one of my tales would make it. Nearly everything I sent to her was submitted and is in the final version of this bonefied real book, Our Stories, Our Births. You can see it here. It was really surreal to pick up a book and see my name in print as the author and read my own birth stories, poems and see pieces of my scrapbook art on display. It feels good to be an author even if only for a fundraiser book of sorts. I am proud to have been selected as a participant in this project and hope that it will bring positive light to the world of homebirthing. It is official, I is a writer!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting. Maybe you can make the front cover into a poster and plaster it on your wall to totally embarrass and mortify some people that come over. Really, a naked pregnant lady? Outrage!

    ReplyDelete