Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup

Yesterday I slaved over frozen chicken and crock pot. I de-boned and shredded my chicken late in the night so as to prepare a hearty soup for the next day. Today I enlisted help to make said hearty soup. Justin donned his apron and chef's hat and got to mixing dough, cutting carrots, and rolling out noodles. The soup was bubbling and smelling delicious. I ladled out a portion to bring to another family and thought for a minute, Geez, I hope that's enough. It didn't seem to have a much volume as I had hoped. I delivered the meal and returned home to the yummy smell of my homemade chicken noodle soup.

My family sat down to our glorious meal, blessed the food and began to partake. Hmmm. That's funny, I thought, it needs a bit more flavor. As I made my way to the chicken bouillon, I began to laugh hysterically as I realized why my soup was so bland. NO CHICKEN! I made chicken noodle soup with no chicken. I.could.not.stop.laughing. I quickly called up my friend to apologize profusely for being a wicked moron and forgetting the chicken, of all things, in the chicken noodle soup. I feel so embarrassed and mortified. It was too late to bring her some chicken as they had an activity to attend. But, luckily for us we had lots of chicken to add to our yummy chicken noodle soup. Pa ha!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me who you made it for. I hope it wasn't Sara because that's what I'm making her tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete